COURSE OR TOTAL WITHDRAWAL POLICY
All course or total withdrawal requests must be submitted online through Web Services. Withdrawal requests can be submitted the day following the published last day of add/drop for a particular semester or term through the end of the specified withdrawal period.
CAUTION: Withdrawing from a course may affect a student's financial aid eligibility, NJSTARS eligibility, veteran's benefits, athletic eligibility, F-1 Visa status, and timely completion of degree requirements.
1. Students submit course or total withdrawal requests through Web Services. The request will be processed within 3 work days. Faculty will be notified via email that a student is dropping their class and will have time to intervene.
3. Should a student change their mind about dropping the course, the student can retrieve the
withdrawal request and cancel the transaction within the 3 day period. After the three days, the withdrawal will be processed and dated according the original request.
4. Once the withdrawal transaction is processed, the student will be notified via e-mail using the student's e-mail account.
5. The amount of tuition refund depends on the date the withdrawal request is submitted online provided the request has not been canceled by the student. All cash students (non-financial aid) who officially withdraw from the College or officially drop a course or courses may
receive a tuition refund according to the established refund schedule. Students who withdraw after the listed dates will be responsible for payment of the entire bill.
6. Students who withdraw for any reason between the end of add/drop and last day to withdraw from a course without academic penalty will receive grades of "W." Courses will appear on the transcript as a courses attempted but not completed.
7. Students will not be able to withdraw from courses assigned a ‘No-Show’ or ‘Audit’ status.
8. Students must adhere to published withdrawal deadlines to avoid academic and/or fee penalties.
Failure to withdraw officially will result in a grade of "F."