More than 5% of Essex County College students are international students representing more than 60 countries worldwide. Essex County College welcomes international scholars and will help you enter the United States to study.
May 1 – For all students who are residing outside the United States.
July 1 – For all students transferring from other U.S. schools
August 1 – For all students who are residing outside the United States
November 1– For all students transferring from other U.S. schools
Applicants are not accepted for the Summer terms.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION AND FORM I-20 WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
A complete application package includes an application for admission, application fee, proof of high school graduation, application for Form I-20, notarized affidavits of support, and appropriate financial documentation. Please read ‘Student Checklist’ and ‘Passport to Essex County College’ for additional information.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact an International Student Advisor by calling (973) 877-3207 or (973) 877-3154.
Application Process and Information for F-1 students:
- International Student Checklist
- Application for Admission to Essex County College
- Passport to Essex County College
- Application for a Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status) and Affidavits of Support
- Request for F-1 Transfer Information
- Maintaining your F-1 student status
- Re-instatement to F-1 student status
- Change of Status (to F-1 student status)
- International Student Employment (2017)
- International Students Travel Information
- Request Form for I-20 Travel Endorsement
- Transfer Out Agreement Form
- Transfering to another School
- How to Apply for Social Security Number
- International Students And Social Security Number Information
- Driver’s License F-1 Student Information