More than 5% of Essex County College students are international students representing more than 60 countries worldwide. Essex County College welcomes international scholars and will help you enter the United States to study.
May 1 – For all students who are residing outside the United States.
July 1 – For all students transferring from other U.S. schools
August 1 – For all students who are residing outside the United States
November 1– For all students transferring from other U.S. schools
Applicants are not accepted for the Summer terms.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION AND FORM I-20 WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
Essex County College requires a minimum English Proficiency score requirement on either the TOEFL or IELTS test, for admission as an F1 status student. It is best to take your TOEFL or IELTS test before working on the rest of documentation. You will not be admitted to Essex County College without a passing score.
NOTE: We do not issue the Form I-20 for ESL- English as a Second Language Studies.
A complete application package includes an application for admission, application fee, proof of high school graduation, application for Form I-20, notarized affidavits of support, and appropriate financial documentation. Please read ‘Student Checklist’ and ‘Passport to Essex County College’ for additional information.
TOEFL Minimum Scores:
65 is required of the IBT- Internet Based Test.
513 is required on the paper/pencil version of the test
Official site: www.ets.org/toefl
IELTS Minimum Scores:
Minimum Broad band Score: 5.5
Official Site: www.ielts.org
An exception may be considered for students that have one or more of the following:
English Composition course from a regionally accredited U.S. college/university- C grade or better (non-developmental)
SAT score of 540 or higher Critical Reading (old score), or 500 Reading and Writing (new score)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact an International Student Advisor by calling (973) 877-3207 or (973) 877-3154.
Application Process and Information for F-1 students:
- International Student Checklist
- Application for Admission to Essex County College
- Passport to Essex County College
- Application for a Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status) and Affidavits of Support
- Request for F-1 Transfer Information
- Maintaining your F-1 student status
- Re-instatement to F-1 student status
- Change of Status (to F-1 student status)
- International Student Employment (2017)
- International Students Travel Information
- Request Form for I-20 Travel Endorsement
- Transfer Out Agreement Form
- How to Apply for Social Security Number
- International Students And Social Security Number Information
- Driver’s License F-1 Student Information