You may be returning to school after taking a semester off or a decade; we are just glad that you’re considering making your return at Essex. We can make your transition back to school as smooth and stress-free as possible. Our academic advisors will work closely with you to guide you through the transfer process. Whether your intentions for returning to school are for career advancement or to later continue your education in a four-year institution, we will help you every step of the way.
- Submit Official College Transcript: To have your official evaluation prior to registration, the Enrollment Services Express Center must receive your Official College Transcript and Application for Admission by the deadline dates.
- Fall Semester: July 5
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Summer 1 & 2 Terms: March 15
a) Students who have completed courses at another accredited post-secondary institution in the United States and want to transfer credits to Essex County College you must submit official transcripts from the other institution(s). Please note that these documents become the property of ECC and will not be released to a third party or to the student.
b) Students, who have completed university level courses outside the United States and are interested in transferring credits to Essex County College, must first submit official transcript and a certified English translation to a transcript evaluation service. We will review your credits once we receive the documents from the transcript evaluation service. Please note that these documents become the property of ECC and will not be released to a third party or to the student.
Listed below are the Academic Credential Services you may contact.
- Credit may be granted provided that the course is comparable to a course required in the applicant’s chosen major field of study. A minimum grade of “C” is required for a course to be transferable. As transcripts are received, credits are evaluated on a course by course basis. Any transfer student who has not taken the required placement examination in the last three years and does not transfer credits for college level mathematics and English composition must take the placement examination. Students will be notified in writing as to the specific courses and credits that were accepted and must bring the evaluation document to their academic advisor in order to complete the advisement and registration process. Credits will be posted to your transcript at the end of the semester.
NOTE: Students seeking to transfer course credits from another Paralegal Certificate Program to Essex County College’s Paralegal Certificate Program should refer the College website for “Certificate of Completion in Paralegal” for more details information specific to General Education and Legal Specialty course requirements.
For questions or appeals of prior evaluation, students must complete and submit a Transcript Evaluation Request Form to the Enrollment Services Express Center.
- To graduate, transfer students must complete at least half their major course requirements and half their total credits at Essex County College.