More than 5% of ECC’s students are international students representing more than 66 countries worldwide. Essex County College welcomes international scholars and will help you enter the United States to study.
Applications filed before June 1 of each year will be accepted for the Fall semester. Applications received after June 1 but before October 1 of each year will be accepted for the Spring semester. Any applications filed after October 1 will be considered for the following Fall semester.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION AND FORM I-20 WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
A complete application package includes an application for admission, application fee, proof of high school graduation, application for Form I-20, notarized affidavits of support, and appropriate financial documentation. Please read Student Checklist and Passport to ECC for additional information.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact an International Student Advisor by calling (973) 877-3009.
Application Process and Information for F-1 students:
- Deadline Dates
- International Student Checklist
- Application for Admission to Essex County College
- Passport to ECC
- Application for a Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status) and Affidavits of Support
- Request for F-1 Transfer Information
- International Students Services
- Maintaining your F-1 student status
- Re-instatement to F-1 student status
- Change of Status (to F-1 student status)
- International Student Employment
- International Students Travel Information
- Request Form for I-20 Travel Endorsement
- Transfer Out Agreement Form
- Transfering to another School
- How to Apply for Social Security Number
- Social Security On-Campus Work Authorization for F-1 Students
- International Students And Social Security Number Information
- Driver’s License F-1 Student Information