1. Each team must have a roster maximum of 8 players, but may start with 4 players and have a total of 5 playing at a time. Each team will only be allowed to have two ECC college basketball players on the team. A player may only play on one team. Each team can add and delete members from their roster up until 04/01/13.
2. All team members must be listed on your team roster and MUST HAVE AN UPDATED ID (with stamp).
3. To be eligible for the play-offs, a player must have played two games for your team prior to the start of the play-offs.
4. The regular season will follow a single elimination play-off tournament if time permits.
5. Any team that does not have four (4) players on the court within at game time will forfeit the game. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
6. Abusive, derogatory, and demeaning comments & gestures will NOT be tolerated. Violators will face a minimum one game suspension or expulsion from the program.
7. The league standings will be based on a point system, the winner of each game will receive 5 points, and the loser of each game will receive 3 points. If any team has a member who has been given a technical foul that team could be accessed an unsportsmanlike point. One point will be taking away from the team for that game. The team with the most points at the end of the regular season will be top seeded for the play-offs.
1. The game will consist of two 15 minute halves, stopping the clock for the LAST TWO MINUTE of EACH HALF and TECHNICAL FOULS ONLY. Half time will be 3 minutes.
2. Team captains are responsible for the eligibility of their team members. Teams must start the game at the appointed time with four or more of its members. If the team does not have at least four team members, or drops below four members during play, the game will end, and that team will forfeit the game.
3. Substitutions can be made anytime providing the ball is dead. Any illegal substitutions will result in a team technical foul
4. There will not be any foul shooting in the game, with the exception of the last two minutes. If someone is fouled the team that is fouled will take the ball out from the side. During the last two minutes, ALL FOULS WILL RESULT IN TWO SHOTS.
5. Technical fouls will be called for all unsportsmanlike items and the opposing team will take 2 foul shots and receive the ball. The following behavior will result in a technical foul: cursing anytime, insulting any players, officials, and staff. Participating in a fight and all other unsportsmanlike acts will result in a technical foul. Any player receiving two unsportsmanlike technical fouls will be ejected from the game. A team receiving three unsportsmanlike technical fouls will forfeit the game.
6. There will be 2 time-outs per team, each half. The stop time is 1 minute.
7. The 3 point line is the women’s 3-point mark.
8. Mercy Rule – A 35-point mercy rule will be implemented after 10 minutes in the second half.
9. Dunking will be permitted during the game only. Any team dunking before or after the game can be giving an unsportsmanlike technical foul.
10. Each player will be allowed five personal fouls per game (technical fouls included).
11. Back court 10 second, 3 second and 5 second in-bound violations will be called.
12. Persons participating in intramural basketball must be a faculty, staff or student of Essex County College to play.
13. Overtime will be an extra 5 minutes of play with 1 time-out.
Schedule will be posted on the Athletic bulletin board. If there are any changes it will be posted there