1. Have the person assume a seated position with the feet flat and, their knees bent, heels about 1 to 1 ½ feet away from the buttocks and the hands behind the head with the fingers interlaced.
2. The subject must start in the up position and lowers him/her self until the shoulder blades touch the mat. Then he/she must curl up until the elbows go past the knees (That would be counted as one).
3. DO NOT COUNT IF:
• If the shoulder blades do not touch the mat
• The hands are not kept behind the head
• The fingers are not kept together
• The person doesn’t come all the way up.
4. Record the maximum number of sit-ups performed in one minute and all other relevant information