The Essex County College Learning Center’s mission is to assist students in developing significant academic and educational goals, empower them to reach their full academic potential, and provide a supportive learning environment. The Learning Center achieves this through effective tutoring services, providing students with peer support, access to faculty and Learning Associates, superior academic assistance, and through distribution of current resources, supplemental materials, and technology based resources.
The goals of The Learning Center is to provide students with:
- A welcoming learning environment.
- Tools for independent learning
- Access to discipline specific faculty members and Learning Associates offering supplemental support services.
- Technology- based resources to enhance academic performance.
- Assistance from Peer and Professional Learning Associates
- Assistance from Faculty members
- Drop-in tutoring (no appointments necessary)
- Online tutoring through Yahoo chat and SMARTHINKING on-line tutorial service. E-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in:
The Learning Center
A. Zachary Yamba Building; 2nf Floor
303 University Ave.
Newark, NJ 07102
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 9:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 7:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 – 3:30