Essex County College, established in 1966 under New Jersey law as an open-door public community college for the residents of Essex County, is committed to providing quality educational programs and life-long learning activities at the most affordable cost.
The College is open to students with a wide variety of backgrounds and abilities. It takes pride in the richness of its diversity and its nurturing, atmosphere which encourages people who otherwise might not aspire to higher education to enroll and excel
In furtherance of its Mission, the College has expanded to include the Public Safety Academy. The Academy is dedicated to providing quality educational programs for those interested in criminal justice and to meet the life-long learning needs of public safety officers in Essex County. Check out the Course Training Catalog (Spring 2018).
Public Safety Academy
250 Grove Avenue
Cedar Grove, NJ, 07009
- Rocco L. Miscia, Jr. (Director) – 973-877-4352
- Paul Costello (Associate Director) – 973-877-4353
- Lori Apicelli (Commanding Officer) – 973-877-4354
- Jeff Sutherlin (Range Master) – 973-877-4342
- Deputy Chief Michael Tomich (EMS/Fire Coordinator) – 973-877-4356
You may also be interested in:
- How to Become a Police Officer in NJ
- How to Become a Correction Officer in NJ
- Spring 2018 Training Catalog
- About Essex County College Public Safety Academy
- Academy Tours
- Basic Recruits Training
- Campus Police / Public Safety
- Emergency Medical Services Training
- Lodging Information
- Hiring Agencies for Graduates
- Alternate Route Written Test Application – 2017 The Essex County College Public Safety Academy’s Alternate Route Program written test is scheduled for Saturday, June 3, 2017. Registration is now open. All registration, payment, and further details are available on the following website: www.policeapp.com/ECCPSA Registration is limited to the first 450 registered applicants and must be completed online!