Summer I Registration is March 16 – April 24, 2015
In-person Registration April 30 – May 1, 2015
Summer Session I Start Date: May 4, 2015
Summer II Registration is March 16 – July 14, 2015
In-person Registration July 6 & 7, 2015
Summer Session I End Date: June 18, 2015
FAQs: SUMMER I 2015 ELIGIBILITY OF FINANCIAL AID
Will funds be available for Summer I 2015? Yes!!
Type of Aid available for Summer I 2015
- The only funds available for Summer I 2015, is the PELL Grant.
- Students will only be awarded Pell, if the student is eligible for Pell and has Pell funds leftover for the 2014-2015 award years.
- Note: If you completed both Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 and you were full-time (12 or more credits) both Fall and Spring, you will not have any Pell remaining for Summer I 2015.
How will I know if I am eligible for Pell for Summer I 2015?
You are eligible for Pell Summer I 2015 if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a new student at Essex and have not been awarded Pell at Essex or any other college or university during 2014-2015.
- You enrolled at Essex for 2014-2015 as a Part-time student (less than 12 credits) for at least one semester/term during 2014-2015; and
- You are in good academic standing
- Please be prepared to pay your own registration bill and for your books if you register and are not eligible for Pell for Summer I 2015.
What will I need to do to be awarded Pell for Summer I 2015?
- First, register for your Summer I 2015 classes.
- Aid will not be awarded until you register for classes.
- You must have a 2014-2015 FAFSA on file in the Office of Financial Aid and submitted all required documents.
How will the Office of Financial Aid know when I am registered?
- The Office of Financial Aid will request a list of registered students for Summer I 2015 from the Institutional Technology (IT) Office daily.
- Your registration status will be reviewed from this list and your Pell award will be based on your registration status (credits) at the time the list is reviewed.
- You should register early.
- Make sure you register for all the classes at one time to ensure your award is correct.
How will I know I am awarded for Summer I 2015?
- Go to myecc.essex.edu and check your award status.
- If you have not been awarded it is because, you are not eligible for funds, you are not registered for classes, you are not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress, you are currently on Financial Aid Probation and your grades are not posted for Spring 2015, you file is incomplete in the Office of Financial Aid and/or you have not filed a FAFSA for 2014-2015. These are the most common reasons for not receiving aid.
What will my Pell award cover?
- If you are eligible for a Pell award, the award will cover tuition and fee charges.
- If you have funds remaining after all charges are paid in full, you will be issued a Book Voucher.
- If you are eligible for a Book Voucher, go to myecc.essex.edu and download your voucher and take it to the Book Store. Book Vouchers will be available two weeks before classes start for Summer I 2015.
- If you do not have funds remaining after all charges are paid in full, you will be responsible for buying your own books.
- If your Pell award does not cover all of your charges you will be responsible for paying any outstanding balance and your books.
REMEMBER: The amount you are awarded is based on your credit load and the amount of Pell you have remaining for the 2014-2015 academic year and you are responsible for any outstanding charges for the term.
What happens if I am currently on Financial Aid Probation for Spring 2015?
If you have funds remaining from Pell for Summer I 2015 and you are on Financial Aid Probation for Spring 2015, your eligibility for aid will not be determined for Summer I until your Spring 2015 grades are posted. Therefore, if you register before your grades are posted, you must be prepared to pay your own registration bill until your eligibility is determined for Summer I.
DON’T FORGET TO APPLY FOR AID FOR THE 2015-2016 ACADEMIC YEAR
- First file your taxes for 2014; then
- File your 2015-2016 FAFSA
- Use the Data Retrieval to import your tax information into the FAFSA for yourself and parents (if dependent).
- The 2015-2016 FAFSA will be required if you plan to register for classes Summer II 2015, and Fall 2015.
Registration Information for Summer II and Fall 2015
Summer II 2015
Web Registration – March 16, 2015 through July 14, 2015
In-Person Registration – July 6, 2015 through July 7, 2015
First day of classes – July 13, 2015
Web Registration – March 16, 2015 through August 4, 2015
In-Person Registration – September 1, 2015 through September 3, 2015
First day of classes – September 8, 2015