A part of the Spring Semester, Winter Intersession is a condensed course schedule of 3 credits, primarily general education classes. A Winter Intersession course will allow you to satisfy requirements for your degree and will help you spring forward to graduation.
Students can register for two (2) 3.0 credit courses during Winter Intersession. There are 10 session of classes which are condensed and taught in 4 hour class blocks.
ONLINE Registration: November 25 – December 17
IN-PERSON Registration: December 16 – 17 (9am – 4:30pm)
|BUS||201||Principles of Management||MWRF||5:30pm||9:30pm||T211|
|CIS||131||Micro Computers in Business||MWRF||9:00am||1:00pm||T211|
|ECO||101||Principles of Economics I||MWRF||5:30pm||9:30pm||T122|
|ENG||101||College Composition I||MWRF||9:00am||1:00pm||T103|
|ENG||102||College Composition II||MWRF||1:15pm||5:15pm||T103|
|FRN||101||Elementary French I||MWRF||1:15pm||5:15pm||T212|
|FRN||102||Elementary French II||MWRF||1:15pm||5:15pm||T212|
|HST||101||World Civilization I||MWRF||1:15pm||5:15pm||T104|
|HST||102||World Civilization II||MWRF||5:30pm||9:30pm||T104|
|HST||111||United States History I||MWRF||5:30pm||9:30pm||T103|
|SOC||101||Introduction to Sociology||MWRF||1:15pm||5:15pm||T122|
|SPN||101||Elementary Spanish I||MWRF||1:15pm||5:15pm||T203|
|SPN||102||Elementary Spanish II||MWRF||1:15pm||5:15pm||T212|
|DOWNLOAD FULL SCHEDULE WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS|
What is Winter Intersession?
What courses are offered and when will courses be held?
Who can register for Intersession classes? What about “pre-requisites” for a course?
- Matriculated ECC students in good academic standing who have met the pre-requisite requirements can register for Intersession courses.
- Non-matriculated students who have met the pre-requisite requirements can also register, however, they must first fill out an admission application in Enrollment Services and provide transcripts to show pre-requisites are met. Applications will be accepted until 4 pm, December 17, 2013.
- NOTE: Prerequisites for each course can be found in the online College Catalog, www.essex.edu/onlinecatalog
Who might benefit from taking a Winter Intersession course?
Is there a maximum amount of credits I can take during Winter Intersession?
I’ve never taken a Winter Intersession course, what can I expect?
Winter Intersession classes are being offered weekdays from December 18 – January 6 in ten (10) class sessions of 4-hour time blocks for each session. The classes are offered in the morning, afternoon or evening. All classes will be held in the Center for Technology (CFT). It is important that students attend ALL classes. Because of the condensed schedule, missing one class is equivalent to missing almost two weeks of a regular fall/spring semester class. To support your success in the class, a computer lab will be open in the CFT building every day classes are in session.
What do I do if there is a hold/restriction on my record?
Where and When can I register?
- Online registration through Web Services: November 25 – December 17.
- In-person registration at the Enrollment Services Department: December 16 & December 17 from 9 am – 4 pm.
How much will the courses cost?
Once I register, when do I have to pay for the Winter Intersession courses?
- Non-Financial Aid Students:
- If you register for Winter Intersession only, full payment is due by December 17.
- If you register for Winter Intersession AND Spring 2014 classes by December 17, you can combine both terms and choose the ECC Payment Plan option which requires a minimum payment of 1/3 of the total bill and a $50 plan enrollment fee. Payments can be made online through Web Services or at the Bursar’s Office.
- Financial Aid Students: Students must have been awarded financial aid and registered for the Winter Intersession AND Spring term by December 17. Otherwise, students must be prepared to make a payment on their tuition bill and pay for books.
If you register online, your tuition bill and class schedule is posted in Web Services. If you register in-person, you will be given a printed tuition bill and class schedule.
Can a student receive financial aid for Winter Intersession?
What can I do if I don’t have financial aid available for Winter Intersession?
Students must complete and file a FAFSA at fafsa.gov to be considered for aid. If you have not filed your FAFSA, you must do so immediately, but, be prepared to pay your own tuition and fees. Remember, you must be registered for both the Winter Intersession and the Spring 2014 Semester in order to qualify for financial aid for the Winter Intersession. Three to five (3-5) days after you file your FAFSA, you must go to myecc.essex.edu to check to see if your file is complete. If you have been required to submit documents to the Office of Financial Aid, you must submit all missing information immediately. You must allow 6-8 weeks processing time for the office to determine your eligibility status.
Will I be eligible for a Book Voucher?
How is my aid affected if I decide not to attend the Winter Intersession after I register?
Will the bookstore be open? When can I get my books for winter classes?
Can I audit a course during Winter Session?
If I register and decide not to attend courses for Winter Intersession, what should I do?
Will I receive a refund if I decide to drop or withdraw from Winter Intersession?
When is the last day to Withdraw from a Winter Intersession course?
Will an Intersession class count toward my degree?
When will my grade be posted?