Seven Essex County College veteran employees received promotions at the April 16 Board meeting. Congratulations to Dr. Rashidah Hasan, former Director of Legal Affairs, who is now the College’s General Counsel; Yelena Lyudmilova who served as an Instructional Designer is now the Assistant Director of Education & Computing Technology; and Laura Byrd, previously Campus Security Clerk has become a Human Resources Assistant. In addition, Security Officer Hamza Agwedicham has been promoted to Admissions Officer-Recruiter in the Recruitment and Retention Department after earning his Masters in Public Administration from University of Phoenix; and Ms. Sylvia Young transitioned from a Technical Assistant to a Telecommunications Support Specialist in IT.
Welcome to newcomers:
- Dr. Thomas Page, a Senior Teacher Advisor of Academic Support for Instructional Technology, who holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree from Capella University. Dr. Page previously worked as a Counselor at the Passaic County Sheriff’s Department and as an adjunct at ECC and Passaic County Community College.
- Mr. Patrick Alvarado is a new Technical Support Engineer in Information Technology. A 2011 graduate of NJIT with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mr. Alvarado has worked for ECC in temporary roles since June 2012.
- Ms. Ciara Quinones serves as the new Assessment Specialist for the Academic Assessment Department. With a bachelor’s degree in Geophysics from Boston College, Ms. Quinones has experience as a legal assistant and an insurance underwriter.
- Ms. Miriam Ochoa takes on the position of Office Assistant in Enrollment Services. Ms. Ochoa holds two degrees from ECC — one in Accounting and another in Business Administration.
- Ms. Patricia Henriquez joins ECC full-time as an Accounts Payable Clerk. A 2011 ECC graduate, Patricia has worked in the department part-time since May 2011.
- Ms. Christina Temple is a Data Input Specialist for the Enrollment Services department. She has worked in a temporary capacity since August 2010, during which time she earned her ECC degree in Social Sciences in December 2012.