In January 2014, there was a re-alignment in our Office of Academic Affairs that enhances the College’s ability to provide the best service possible to our students while expecting to improve our recruitment, retention, and ultimately our graduation rate. Two new academic support deans are now in place to complement the academic infrastructure that President Gale E. Gibson announced in August 2013, specifically:
- Dr. Elvira Vieira, Associate Dean of our West Essex campus, now reports to the Office of Academic Affairs. This move is a better alignment as ECC continues to increase the offerings and Associate degree options available at the West Caldwell campus.
- Dr. Leigh Bello-de Castro has been promoted to Associate Dean of Online and Learning Resource Technologies. She has oversight for Online Learning, Evening & Weekend Degree Programs, the MLK Library and Media Production & Technology (MPT).
The realignment also includes a restructuring within the former Area of Student Success, now known as the Office of Student Services, which now reports directly to Academic Affairs. Dr. Susan Mulligan leads the office as the Acting Executive Dean of Student Services. Other transitions include:
- Ms. Zewdnesh Kassa is now Registrar/Assistant Dean of Student Affairs & Enrollment. Her area includes both Enrollment Services Express and the Office of Recruitment. By connecting the two offices, we will have a more robust admission process.
- Ms. Marva Mack has transitioned to Assistant Dean of Advisement & Retention, a new area within Student Services. The area has oversight for the advisors, retention initiatives and transfer.
- Ms. Patricia Slade has been promoted to Associate Dean of Student Life & Development. She will continue to oversee Student Life and the scholarship office as well as the Student Development Center.
Ms. Mildred Cofer continues to serve as Director of Financial Aid.