Transcripts may be requested in person, by mail or fax. A written and signed request from the student is required by the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Transcript Fee is $5 per copy.
Complete a Transcript Request Form available in the Enrollment Services Express Center.
Essex County College
Enrollment Services Express Center
303 University Avenue
Newark, New Jersey 07102
Please allow one day before calling to verify receipt of your fax request.
ALL transcript requests must include the following:
- Full Name - (Provide full name used while attending ECC)
- Social Security Number - (Necessary for verifying your records)
- Date of Birth - (Necessary for verifying your records)
- Current Mailing Address, Phone Number: (Provide contact information)
- Dates of Attendance - (Dates/Years you attended ECC.)
- Graduation Date - (If you graduated from ECC, date of graduation & degree received.)
- Legal Signature of student - (A signed request is required) .
- Transcript Destination - (Provide the name and full address of transcript recipient. We will not be responsible for non-receipt of mail due to an incomplete address.)
- Payment: Payment can be made by check (certified or personal), money order payable to Essex County College. Payment can also be made by credit or debit card (American Express, Visa/Master Card or Discover). Please include card expiration date.
- Holds or obligations: Holds or obligations to Essex County College must be cleared before transcripts are released.
- Processing time: Transcript orders will be normally processed within 10-work days after the request is received. The normal processing time applies to all requests. During peak times of the year processing may take longer. Please submit your request allowing sufficient time to meet your deadlines.
- Pending grades or graduation certification: Indicate if you want us to hold your requests until the current semester’s grades and/or graduation date is posted.
- Transcripts issued to student – Official transcripts will be issued to students upon request. However, we advise students to confirm with the receiving college whether or not they will honor transcripts issued to students.