The Priority Processing Deadline for filing the FAFSA at Essex is May 1. Applications received after this deadline will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis and based on volume. File your FAFSA at least 6 weeks before you plan to register for classes. If you apply late during (July, August and September) you must be prepared to pay your own registration bill and buy your own books. Failure to apply or to submit documentation by the indicated deadlines may result in a loss of aid eligibility for all student aid programs.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available for filing (October 1, 2016)
- State FAFSA Filing Deadline for New Students (Non-Renewal) for Spring (2/15/17)
- Priority Processing Deadline for Summer I
- Spring funds are posted to student accounts.
- State College Code Change and Applicant Information Deadline for New Students (Non-Renewal) March 1
- Returning students begin registration for Summer I, Summer II and Fall semesters.
- Federal Work-Study applications are available for next academic year.
- Priority Processing Deadline (May 1st) for Summer II and Fall
- Returning student records are reviewed for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) after spring semester grades are posted.
- Summer I funds are posted to student accounts.
- SAP is reviewed for returning students who attended Summer I for prior academic year.
- Awards for Summer II are processed.
- Summer II funds are posted to student accounts.
- Deadline for Federal Work-Study applications for next academic year (August 18th)
- Fall semester funds are posted to student accounts.
- Deadline for Financial Aid Probation Appeals for Fall (August 29th)
- Book Vouchers are available for Fall semester.
- HESAA Applicant Information Deadline for Fall & Spring Renewal Students (September 15)
- Fall funds are disbursed to student accounts.
- Book vouchers for Fall end.
- HESAA Applicant Information Deadline for Spring Only Renewal Students (November 1)
- HESAA Applicant Information Deadline for Fall & Spring New Students (Non-Renewal) Students (November 1)
- Registration for Spring and Winter Intersession begins.
- Classes begin for Winter Intersession
- Book Vouchers are issued for Spring and Winter Intersession.