Course Number & Name: ACC 202 Intermediate Accounting II
Credit Hours: 4.0 Contact Hours: 4.0 Lecture: 4.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Course Description: This course is a continuation of ACC 201. Accounting for long-lived assets, long-term liabilities, investments in securities and funds, and stockholders’ equity are emphasized. The more complex aspects of financial statement presentation and analysis are also covered.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- identify specialized classifications of resources and equities;
- complete financial reports and schedules following accepted guidelines and regulatory rules;
- complete financial analysis of reports and summaries;
- identify and discuss assumptions that underlie accounting practices;
- discuss organizations that influence financial accounting, and list the guidelines treated by each; and
- describe specific applications of practices used to summarize financial accounting information.