ART 161 COMPUTER ENHANCED LAYOUT AND DESIGN
ART 161 – Computer-Enhanced Layout and Design
Course Number & Name: ART 161 Computer-Enhanced Layout and Design
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Co-requisites: None Concurrent Courses: None
Course Description: This course focuses upon the elements and principles of design with the computer as the major production tool. Line, shape, color, textures, space, light, balance, rhythm, unity, harmony, emphasis, and contrast are applied to the digitally-produced documents, presentations, videos, web page designs, and advertisements. Design elements and principles, conceptualization of ideas, and the use of digitally-created effects are all featured.
Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- demonstrate advanced knowledge of the elements and principles of design, publication and animation graphics layout using a multiplicity of computer software graphic programs;
- utilize proficiently advanced Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, etc. to create various media products;
- communicate in accurate computer graphic terminology encompassing a demonstrated proficiency in scanning skills, digital photography, motion graphics, animation techniques and the application of the elements and principles of (art) design;
- demonstrate advanced skills in copyfitting, color management, web-based layout and design; and
- design advertising industry-standard graphics, which include evident mastery of the elements and principles of art using technology software tools.