CET 211 SURVEYING I
CET 211 – Surveying I
Course Number & Name: CET 211 Surveying I
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 5.0 Lecture: 2.0 Lab: 3.0 Other: N/A
Co-requisites: MTH 113 Concurrent Courses: None
Course Description: This is an introductory course that includes the use, care and adjustment of modern digital surveying instruments, the measurement of distance and difference in elevation, angles, directions, lines and grades. Other topics covered include the theory of measurement and errors, traversing and area computation. Field exercises are included to complement lecture topics.
Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- demonstrate proper handling and utilization of basic surveying tools and instruments;
- read and interpret civil engineering plans drawn to scale and involving topography and section profiles;
- perform a closed loop level run and traverse, including taking field notes and reduction of field notes;
- perform a topographic survey, including taking field notes and reduction of field notes;
- effectively work in a team environment, prepare a report based on actual field data generated from field exercises and present the report orally.