CET 212 SURVEYING II
CET 212 – Surveying II
Course Number & Name: CET 212 Surveying II
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 5.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: 3.0 Other: N/A
Prerequisites: Grade of “C” or better in CET 211
Co-requisites: N/A Concurrent Courses: None
Course Description: This is a continuation of CET 211 and covers the elements of horizontal, vertical and compound curves, cross-sectioning and earthwork computations. Other topics covered include the essentials of boundary surveys, coordinates, control surveys, construction surveys and state plane coordinates. Field exercises and computer applications are included to compliment lecture topics.
Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- compute coordinates using bearings and distances;
- compute horizontal curves by the deflection method and the total chord method;
- compute vertical curves, both equal and unequal tangent;
- compute earthwork volumes; and
- compute stake data for construction stake-out.