CET 251 CET SEMINAR
CET 251 – CET Seminar
Course Number & Name: CET 251 CET Seminar
Credit Hours: 1.0 Contact Hours: 1.0 Lecture: 1.0 Lab: 0.0 Other: N/A
Co-requisites: Grade of “C” or better CET 231 or permission of instructor Concurrent Courses: None
Course Description: This is a survey course involving a variety of topics relevant to civil engineering, construction and land surveying. Through group discussion, research and oral presentations, students gain an appreciation of the skills and techniques needed for success as a professional in their chosen field.
Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- properly research topics in civil engineering, construction or land surveying;
- write a technical report;
- make an oral presentation on a professional topic;
- correctly interpret an engineering plan; and
- prepare for employment in the civil engineering, construction or land surveying field.