Course Number & Name: CMS 110 Fundamentals of Television Production
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 2.0 Lab: 2.0 Other: N/A
Course Description: This course is designed to teach the basic fundamentals of broadcasting operations. Topics covered include basic production, audio systems equipment and operations, camera operation techniques, lighting and video switching, master control, and studio operations. Also covered are electronic news gathering, electronic field production, and videotape editing.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- plan, record and edit a variety of television productions;
- operate effectively field and studio equipment to record high-quality images and sound;
- explain the fundamental concepts and terms of lighting and image control;
- perform effectively various crew roles in field and studio production and post-production; and
- explain basic characteristics of the television medium.