CIS 139 MULTIMEDIA CONCEPTS
CIS 139 – An Introduction to Multimedia
Course Number & Name: CIS 139 An Introduction to Multimedia
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Prerequisites: Grade of “C” or better in CIS 107 or placement
Co-requisites: None Concurrent Courses: None
Course Description: This course provides an introduction to many of the individual components of interactive, computer–assisted communications. Because multimedia technology is a tool, the applications are practically endless and multimedia may mean different things to different people. It may be a communications tool to some and an artistic medium to others. It can also be a teaching tool or a way to complete a business transaction. This course assists students in planning and developing multimedia presentations in their field of interest.
Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- identify and describe the components and modalities of multimedia production;
- plan, create, and revise an interactive PowerPoint presentation;
- create and manipulate graphics and images and use them in a multimedia presentation;
- incorporate animation, sound, and video in a multimedia presentation; and
- apply ethical standards in the creation of presentations.