Course Number & Name: CSC 122 Computer Science II
Credit Hours: 4.0 Contact Hours: 4.0 Lecture: 4.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Course Description: This course explores further the concepts introduced in CSC 121, applying them to more complex problems. Areas covered include class construction, class instantiation, file/stream processing, list processing, string processing, dynamic storage allocation, and internal search/sort methods.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- demonstrate knowledge of basic concepts and methodologies of computer science;
- design application programs to implement algorithms in an object-oriented language;
- apply the principles of software design to a set of selected applications;
- use a computer system as a tool for problem solving; and
- communicate using accurate computing terminology and notation in written and/or oral form.