Course Number & Name: CJI 211 Counseling the Addicted Offender
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Course Description: This course provides and introduction to the knowledge, skills, attitudes, case management and counseling techniques required for the counseling and treatment of the addicted offender. The course includes a review of the special needs of this population and the focus programs and facilities set up to treat them in addiction and criminal justice settings. This course is a joint offering of the Criminal Justice and Human Services program of the Social Science Division. This course is approved for 36 educational hours toward New Jersey’s Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) certification or recertification.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- describe the mental health care system in the state of New Jersey;
- describe the child and family services system in the state of New Jersey;
- describe the criminal justice system in the state of New Jersey;
- describe the disability services delivery system in the state of New Jersey;
- describe the employment services system in the state of New Jersey; and
- describe the addiction recovery process.