Course Number & Name: ECE 103 Early Care in Education Field Experience
Credit Hours: 4.0 Contact Hours: 4.0 Lecture: 4.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Course Description: This course allows the paraprofessional to develop and demonstrate professional standards and practical skills in an early childhood setting. It provides students the opportunity to put theory into practice. Students are required to document working hours towards the requisite 480 hours of experience in one of the following childcare settings: center-based preschool, center-based infant/toddler facility, or a family childcare facility.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- maintain a safe and healthy learning environment;
- advance young children’s physical and cognitive skills;
- identify and implement activities, which promote social and emotional development of young children;
- identify and implement activities, which promote family involvement in early childhood programs;
- identify and implement activities, which promote an effective early childhood program; and
- maintain ethical behavior in a classroom setting.