Course Number & Name: EDU 235 Education Seminar II
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Course Description: Continuation of Education Seminar I. Students discuss and analyze teaching strategies and their implementations at the educational sites where they are completing their fieldwork. Students are expected to use their knowledge and skills from academic courses in seminar discussion and relate this to their fieldwork assignments.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- demonstrate strategies for creating and maintaining an effective classroom environment;
- plan age-appropriate instruction for all students;
- describe and/or utilize a variety of effective assessment strategies to guide instruction;
- use reflection and self-examination to develop and present a portfolio to insure that all initial teacher certification and course requirements are met; and
- demonstrate knowledge of and ability to perform teacher responsibilities with respect to the New Jersey inclusion requirement.