UTI 113 SOLAR INSTALLATION TECHNOLOGY
UTI 113 – Solar Installation Technology
Course Number & Name: UTI 113 Solar Installation Technology
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 4.0 Lecture: 2.0 Lab: 2.0 Other: N/A
Prerequisites: Grade of “C” or better in UTI 111
Co-requisites: None Concurrent Courses: None
Course Description: Introduction to the Solar PV industry, including system types and efficiencies, solar site evaluation, differences between on-grid system and off-grid system and associated components. Students use materials and tools used in solar panel installation. Safety on the job is emphasized.
Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- discuss the basic principles of photovoltaic (PV) systems;
- work safely with photovoltaic systems;
- conduct a site assessment for solar PV installation;
- select an appropriate systems design;
- adapt the systems design for mechanical/electrical design;
- install a PV system and components at the site;
- perform a system checkout and inspection; and
- maintain and troubleshoot a system.