ENG 108 Voice & Diction
ENG 108 – Voice and Diction
Course Number & Name: ENG108 Voice and Diction
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Prerequisites: Grade of “C” or better in ESL 095
Co-requisites: None Concurrent Courses: None
Course Description: Voice and Diction is a course designed for the student who wishes to improve his control over his voice in speaking and to study and practice English pronunciation and articulation, through a series of planned exercises and practice drills. The student will practice and apply the proper methods of voice production and articulation as the method of improving his own performance.
Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- recognize the varied spelling of vowel sounds and pronounce the sounds;
- recognize diphthongs and pronounce the sounds;
- recognize the varied spelling of consonant sounds and pronounce the sounds;
- recognize word endings and pronounce the sounds; and
- perform the sound and the rhythm, stress and intonation of American English.