Course Number & Name: ENG 108 Voice and Diction
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Course Description: Voice and Diction is a course designed for the student who wishes to improve his control over his voice in speaking and to study and practice English pronunciation and articulation, through a series of planned exercises and practice drills. The student will practice and apply the proper methods of voice production and articulation as the method of improving his own performance.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- recognize the varied spelling of vowel sounds and pronounce the sounds;
- recognize diphthongs and pronounce the sounds;
- recognize the varied spelling of consonant sounds and pronounce the sounds;
- recognize word endings and pronounce the sounds; and
- perform the sound and the rhythm, stress and intonation of American English.