Course Number & Name: FIN 207 Principles of Investment
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Course Description: This course mainly discusses portfolio management, including the management of investments in stocks, bonds, and other financial instruments. It further examines individual financial instruments in depth and the investment strategies of shifting the relative amounts held by the investor during changing economic conditions.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- identify and explain the key elements of investment;
- evaluate the common debt and equity securities and analyze the relative risks and returns associated with each;
- explain how macroeconomic policies affect specific industries;
- explain how to apply various strategies in the management of financial investment portfolios in order to optimize profits (and minimize taxes) within acceptable risks; and
- use technology and information resources to research issues in investments.