Course Number & Name: FIN 211 Finance Seminar/Experiential and Directed Study
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 0.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Course Description: The purpose of this course is to provide experiential learning possibility to the finance students who have completed their course requirement to earn an AS in Finance. Students will be challenged to apply the theories learnt from the other finance courses into practice. Student will be either assigned to a financial related institution as an intern of will be required to complete a capstone project on a financial related field.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- Apply the theories and concepts learned in classes;
- Show understanding of working and being acquainted with the financial sector’s environment;
- Identify the main services offered by various financial institutions;
- Develop proper professional /hands–on perspective of the financial field; and
- Be able to recognize preferences and abilities and match them with appropriate career-related choices.