Course Number & Name: MET 250 Mechanical Engineering Technology Project
Credit Hours: 2.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 1.0 Lab: 2.0 Other: N/A
Course Description: This course is taught in a lecture and demonstration format within the confines of a specialized laboratory. The student completes a comprehensive project which includes the various aspects of Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology. The project must encompass a wide range of topics such as design, CAD, production planning, material handling, machining, quality control and inspection.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- conduct internet research;
- explain ethics and professionalism in engineering;
- develop Computer Numerical Control (CNC) programs using the Preparatory Code (G) and Miscellaneous Code (M);
- complete design projects using AutoCAD, Inventor, and MasterCAM;
- program a robot; and
- operate the CNC machines.