Course Number & Name: RTC 105 Radiologic Technology II
Credit Hours: 2.0 Contact Hours: 4.0 Lecture: 1.0 Lab: 3.0 Other: N/A
Course Description: Students gain, through problem solving and completing experiments, a thorough working knowledge of manipulating exposure factors. Students also learn the principles for constructing technique charts for all situations and all kilovoltage ranges. Critiques of radiographic films are conducted in the classroom/laboratory.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following
- analyze and evaluate the properties of imaging receptors;
- discuss and identify contributing factors for the control of scatter radiation;
- develop and discuss methods of establishing radiographic technique;
- analyze beam geometry; and
- describe the function of and components of fluoroscopy.