Course Number & Name: SOC 122 Social Service Policies and Procedures II
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Course Description: This course is designed to provide the theoretical and practical knowledge needed for entry levels of practice in social work. This course articulates the skills needed for social work practice and spells out the relationship between specific skills and service outcomes.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- demonstrate knowledge of the generalist social work practice;
- demonstrate knowledge of social welfare policy;
- describe social welfare policy development and the instructional components of policy;
- analyze the influence of society’s values on social welfare policies and programs; and
- examine social welfare agency policies and programs.