Course Number & Name: SOC 230 Human and Social Services Fieldwork II
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Course Description: This is the second semester internship placement in social work, mental health, or alcoholism/substance abuse, continuing SOC 228.
<!–Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- describe the function of the field placement agency including its referral sources both inside and outside the agency;
- apply appropriate theoretical approaches when providing direct service to clients (e.g., individuals, families, groups, and communities) within various practice settings pertaining to alcoholism/substance abuse, gerontology, mental health, and social work;
- assess and describe diverse client populations, different types of problems, strategies and techniques;
- apply ethical principles that guide professional practice in various practice settings pertaining to alcoholism/substance abuse, gerontology, mental health, and social work; and
- use effective writing skills to record formal and technical reports related to clients.