SOC 231 HUMAN AND SOCIAL SERVICES INTERNSHIP SEMINAR II
SOC 231 – Human and Social Services Internship Seminar II
Course Number & Name: SOC 231 Human and Social Services Internship Seminar II
Credit Hours: 3.0 Contact Hours: 3.0 Lecture: 3.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Prerequisites: Grades of “C” or better in PSY 101 and SOC 111 or permission of the instructor
Co-requisites: SOC 230 Concurrent Courses: None
Course Description: This second semester internship seminar continues the work of SOC 229.
Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- explain expectations of this seminar class and the field placement agency;
- identify, describe, and discuss human service agencies including personnel policies and procedures, departments, staff, supervisory positions, and population served;
- use organizational and assessment skills;
- apply ethical principles that guide professional practice at the human service agency;
- identify and describe the needs of clients and related available community resources; and
- discuss strategies, laws, and policies that apply to client diversity.