UCC 121 BUILDING INSPECTOR ICS
UCC 121 – Building Inspector ICS
Course Number & Name: UCC 121 Building Inspector ICS
Credit Hours: 6.0 Contact Hours: 6.0 Lecture: 6.0 Lab: N/A Other: N/A
Prerequisites: Grade of “C” or better in UCC 120
Co-requisites: None Concurrent Courses: None
Course Description: This course is designed to satisfy the educational requirement for licensure as a Building Inspector ICS. The course is based on the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code, International Building Code, International Mechanical Code, International Fuel Gas Code, and International Energy Conservation Code. It covers techniques for evaluating structural design, fire protection, and mechanical systems, plan analysis, and field inspection and reporting as applied to class II industrial and commercial structures.
Course Goals: Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- demonstrate knowledge of the laws, procedures, and practices relative to building inspections and plan reviews;
- identify and describe the proper codes, rules and regulations, and duties of the subcode official;
- demonstrate proficient plan review inspection and reporting for class I and class II;
- explain and demonstrate knowledge of history relative to construction code and basic design technology; and
- demonstrate knowledge of current plan review and inspection practices in conjunction with innovations in materials and building construction technology relative to the New Jersey Construction Code Chapter 23, Title 5.