Marketing & Communications
A. Zachary Yamba Building; Room 5120
303 University Ave.
Newark, NJ 07102
Phone: 973.877.3054
Recipient of Distinguished Administrator Award

Dr. Phil Linfante has been selected as a recipient of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society’s Distinguished College Administrator Award. He is one of only 25 college administrators, nominated by the individual PTK chapters, who will be so honored this year.

Currently a Division of Social Sciences Professor at the West Essex campus, Dr. Linfante is being recognized for his years as Executive Dean for Student Success. He will receive the honor April 25 during the 96th annual Phi Theta Kappa Convention in Orlando, Florida. Member of ECC’s Alpha Theta Theta Chapter will also attend the convention.

“I am just so honored that our PTK students felt enough of my help toward them to submit my name,” said Dr. Linfante. “I’ve always had open communication with the students and the fact that they felt comfortable with me is what we here at Essex are all about.”

Dr. Linfante said the PTK chapter receives support from President Gale E. Gibson and faculty, and “I benefited by working closely with the best group of students as they move toward accomplishing their goals.”

Sean O’Connell, Humanities Division Instructor and one of three advisors for the PTK chapter, said, “Many thanks to Dr. Linfante for everything you have done for PTK at Essex County College.”

Posted in Academic, Essex County College News