The area of Institutional Advancement is dedicated to undertaking the following:
- Assuming responsibility for strategic planning, from inception through annual reporting on divisional and departmental efforts to meet stated goals and objectives. The college currently has in place a 2013-2018 Strategic Plan.
- Providing a broad range of institutional research (IR) services, including the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data for decision-making purposes, and also for the fulfillment of requests for information by state, federal, and private entities.
- Developing and maintaining a culture of evidence-based assessment.
- Providing, together with Academic Affairs, information and expertise in support of the college’s various institutional and student outcomes assessment initiatives.
- Leading the college in development of an institutional assessment plan.
- Providing support for and data to the college’s Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Teams (SLOAT)
- Working with Academic Affairs to include Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) into WEAVEonline
- Generating data and information for programs currently preparing for their five-year reviews.
- Processing surveys of students, alumni, faculty and staff for informational and decision-making purposes.
- Benchmarking college data and practices with other New Jersey community colleges and other institutions that demographically reflect Essex County College.
- Generating standardized and customized data for groups and persons involved in accreditation self-studies (Middle States, professional associations, etc.).
Offices and divisions requesting information from Essex County College that are not included in the listed documents should contact Dr. Jinsoo Park, Director of Institutional Research, at (973) 877-3588, or at email@example.com