The Office of Institutional Research is dedicated to undertaking the following:
- Providing a broad range of institutional research (IR) services, including the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data for decision-making purposes, and also for the fulfillment of requests for information by state, federal, and private entities.
- Developing and maintaining a culture of evidence-based assessment.
- Providing, together with Academic Affairs, information and expertise in support of the college’s various institutional and student outcomes assessment initiatives.
- Leading the college in development of an institutional assessment plan.
- Providing support for and data to the college’s Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Teams (SLOAT)
- Generating data and information for programs currently preparing for their five-year reviews.
- Processing surveys of students, alumni, faculty and staff for informational and decision-making purposes.
- Benchmarking college data and practices with other New Jersey community colleges and other institutions that demographically reflect Essex County College.
- Generating standardized and customized data for groups and persons involved in accreditation self-studies (Middle States, professional associations, etc.).
Offices and divisions requesting information from Essex County College that are not included in the listed documents should make a request through the Data Request form, or contact Dr. Jinsoo Park, Director of Institutional Research, at (973) 877-3588, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.