Phi Theta Kappa is an honor society comprised of traditional, nontraditional and international students. Phi The Kappa is NOT a fraternity or sorority. Membership is awarded because of academic achievements and willingness to strive for excellence.
All of the following requirements must be met in order to become a member of Phi Theta Kappa:
- Presently hold a 3.6 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Have completed a minimum of twelve (12) college credits at Essex County College.
- Be currently enrolled at Essex County College and taking a minimum of six (6) college credits.
- Have no grade below a “C” unless the course has been repeated and a grade of “C” or higher is recorded.
- Complete the Membership Application and pay the one time lifetime membership fee of $70.
We encourage you to apply for membership to Phi Theta Kappa if you meet the aforementioned requirements. After you have been inducted, you will receive:
A Golden Key Membership
Membership Certificate and ID Card
Your gold-embossed certificate, suitable for framing, and the wallet-size ID card confirm your membership in the world’s largest association of community college honor students.
As a member, you will be eligible to apply for Phi Theta Kappa transfer scholarships offered by over 550 senior institutions, including Harvard university, the University of Southern California, the University of Pennsylvania, Johns Hopkins University, Columbia University, Tulane University, Rutgers University, NYU, and many more. Senior institutions, colleges, and universities want excellent students and Phi Theta Kappa will make it easy for them to find you. Once you become a member, your name will be entered into our transfer database – the first stop for many senior institutions interested in recruiting high ability community college transfer students.
Apply now! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org