At Essex County College the safety of our students, faculty, and staff is always at the top of our agenda. We work hard to provide a secure campus and make available the information and resources that members of the college community can rely upon to help make their environment safe. We urge you to assist us in our continuing efforts to maintain a safe and secure campus by being our eyes and ears and reporting any unusual or suspicious person or incident on or near the campus.
The mission of the Essex County College Police Department is to work in partnership with our campus community to cultivate a safe learning environment by providing quality public safety services to all in a fair, sensitive, and professional manner while promoting crime prevention awareness.
We understand the difficulty people may experience in reporting crimes or incidents of concern to us in person. We offer the “Silent Witness Program” to anyone who has witnessed, or knows about a crime or incident committed on campus. You are welcome to send email to: email@example.com with information you feel may be useful in keeping your campus safe and secure. It is important that you provide as much detail about the incident as possible.
- Internal Affairs Essex County College Police Department Complaint Procedure
- Internal Affairs Complaint Report Form
- Internal Affairs Complaint Continuation Form
- Internal Affairs Disciplinary Action Synopsis Form
You may also be interested in:
- Emergency Notification System
- Emergency Operations Plan
- Fire Safety Regulations & Resources
- Clery Report
- Megan’s Law and Sex Offender Registrant Information
- What to do in the event of an EVACUATION/SHELTER IN PLACE?
Public Safety and Essex County College Police Department
A. Zachary Yamba Building; Room 2231
303 University Avenue
Newark, NJ 07102