Who Are We
The Student Government Association provides representation in the planning, execution, and evaluation of actions affecting the College’s student body, serves as a means whereby student opinions, views, suggestions, and aspirations may be properly discussed and acted upon, and provides guidance and financial assistance to student clubs and organizations.
The SGA Executive Board consists of matriculated students who have earned at least a 2.5 GPA. It functions under a constitution approved by the student body. The officers are elected each year.
The Student Government Association is located on the Second Level of the Clara E. Dasher Student Center and in the Student Lounge at the West Essex Campus.
How We Do It
The SGA is made up of the executive board and seven councils that work together to properly represent the student body: Academic, Communications, Community Relations, Grievance, Scholarships, Technology and West Essex councils.
- President: John Nwankwo
- Vice President: Terrie Kayea
- Secretary: Vivian Igwagu
- Treasurer: Melany Yerovi
- Senator of Academic Affairs: Eniola Kolawole
- Senator of Communications: Madjyna Marcelin
- Senator of Community Relations: Tosin Olayiwola
- Senator of Grievance: Natacha Lima
- Senator of Scholarships: Tajai Davis
- Senator of Technology: Ebuka Dabrinze
- Adviser: Prof. Jean-Wilner Alexandre
- Adviser: Augustine Boakye
There are many sholarships, internship opportunities and other resources to choose from, click here to check them out.
- Anime Club
- Essex County College Observer (ECCO)
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Chemical Society
- We the Dreamers
- Maths Club
- Business Club
- African Students Association
- Social Works Students Association
- Christian Fellowship
- Future Teachers Club
- ECC Cheerleaders
- Technology Club
- Women in STEM Club
- Fashion Entertainment Board
- International Students Society
- Korean Club