About Academic Affairs
Here at Essex County College we strive for excellence in all our academic offerings. Our 48 Associate degree programs and numerous academic certificates are encompassed within seven academic divisions. The chair of each division, along with his or her faculty, constantly reviews the curriculum of each major to ensure that our academics are top-notch and current to meet students’ needs as they continue their education at a 4-year institution or directly into the workforce.
Academic Affairs focuses on using the latest innovations in order to teach our students the 21st century skills that will make them globally competitive in today’s world. Many of our programs are additionally accredited by industry-specific agencies. These additional accreditations are noted within the Divisional webpages.
Take some time to peruse our academic divisions and the majors found within each division. I am sure you will find the course of study that is just right for you. For over 45 years, Essex County College has been educating and enriching the lives of county residents. Our legacy to the community speaks to the continuum of our rich history which unites the past with the present in order to build the future.
- VP for Academic Affairs/ Chief Academic Officer, Dr. Jeff Lee
- Dean of Business, Industry & Government
- Division of Business, Dr. Augustine A. Boakye
- Dean of Liberal Arts
- Division of Bilingual Studies
- Division of Humanities, Dr. Christopher Rivera
- Division of Social Sciences, Dr. Mamie Bridgeforth
- Dean of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) and Health Sciences, Dr. Jill Stein
- Division of Biology and Chemistry, Dr. Eunice Kamunge
- Division of Engineering Technologies and Computer Science
- Division of Mathematics and Physics, Dr. Dmitriy Kalantarov
- Division of Nursing & Allied Health, Dr. Gale Gage
- Dean of Community & Continuing Education and Workforce Development, Dr. Elvira Vieira
- Associate Dean of Program Development and Learning Resources, Dr. June Persaud
- Associate Dean of West Essex Campus and Online Learning, Dr. Leigh Bello-de Castro