Essex County College seeks to provide links to key information that will allow students and the general public to make informed decisions about our college and post-secondary education in general. We urge you to check this site regularly as we add more information for students and visitors.
This site complies with federal regulations (“Student Right-to-Know” and Campus Security Act” – P.L. 101-542, the “Family Educational Right and Privacy Act” or FERPA, federal non-discrimination policies including the Americans with Disabilities Act, and public health and safety laws) as well as state laws. Essex County College is accredited by the Middle State Commission on Higher Education and has professional accreditation for many of its programs.
Information is also available at the New Jersey Higher Education website: http://www.nj.gov/highereducation/
You may also be interested in:
College Student Services Information
Information About Essex County College
Student Financial Assistance At Essex County College
Federal School Code: 00710700
Types of Student Financial Assistance
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants
- Federal Work-Study
- New Jersey Tuition Assistance Grants
- New Jersey Educational Opportunity Fund
- New Jersey STARS
- New Jersey Governor’s Urban Scholarship
- New Jersey Survivor Tuition Benefits Program and Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Scholarship
- Governor’s Industry Vocations Scholarship for Women and Minorities (NJ-GIVS)
- Community College Opportunity Grants
- Private Education Loans
Contact Information for the Financial Aid Office
303 University Avenue, Newark NJ 07102-1798, 3rd Level, Green Area. Phone: 973-877-3200
Hours of Operation:
- (Fall/Spring) M-Th 9:00am – 4:00pm; Friday: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- (Summer) M-W 9:00am – 5:45pm; Th 9:00am – 4pm; Friday CLOSED
The list of Financial Aid Officers with assigned populations and contact information is on the Financial Aid Office website and is also routinely provided in the College daily email blast to students.
Educational Opportunity Fund Office
The College maintains a separate office pertinent to the Educational Opportunity Fund. For information, see their website: www.essex.edu/eof/.
Contact Information for the Educational Opportunity Fund office is: 3rd Level, Green Area, Yamba Building. Hours of Operation: 8am to 6pm